Article 1 (Collection of Items of Personal Information, Purpose of Use, and Collection Method)
Smell the Seoul shall not use the personal information of "members(Clients)" beyond the scope of the notice set out in this article except by the specific consent of the "member" or were required to do so by laws and regulations. The purpose of utilizing collected personal information is as follows.
1. Membership Management: Confirmation of the identity of the member by the use of the membership service, identification of the individual, prevention of unauthorized use, restriction of the number of joining and subscribing, confirmation of the legal representative, providing up-to-date information such as age verification, complaint handling, and civil affairs consultation processing, record-keeping for dispute resolution, and delivery of the latest information such as notices.
2. Implementation of contracts and settlement of fees: Providing all learning services and materials, payment of service fees, provision of financial services, collection of fees, etc.
3. Use in marketing and advertising: development and advancement of new services, delivery of advertisement information such as events, provision of services according to demographic characteristics, and advertisement.
4. Collection and use for cause identification and handling in case of accidents: legal issues between trainers and members (clients)
5. Use for joint academic research for service improvement
Article 2 (Personal Information Collection Items)
You may withdraw your consent to the collection of your information, and you will be provided with the means of withdrawing your consent on the service.
1. The following information will be collected to identify members when members sign up.
- Items: Name, e-mail(ID), password, subscription authentication information (e-mail address, mobile phone number), information about the adult legally responsible for any person under 18 years. We do not collect personal information directly from persons under 18 years of age without the consent of their parents or guardian.
2. We may collect additional information to provide you with smooth customer consultation and personalized service.
- Items: English name, contact information (e-mail address, mobile phone number), authentication information (e-mail address, mobile phone number), job and role, time zone of residence, whether or not to receive mail and text messages, program information, and event news. Feedback, recording, and corrections on Korean/English use are provided after the end of sessions.
3. The following information may be automatically generated and collected during the process of using the service or in the general course of business.
- Lesson recording file and script, lesson feedback, Connection IP information, cookies, payment records, access logs, service usage records, Bad usage records, device information, device identification number
4. The following payment information may be collected during the use of paid services.
- Credit card payment: Name of card, card number, cardholder's date of birth, expiration date, etc.
- When transferring money: Bank name, Depositor’s name, account number, etc.
5. In the event of an accident, the following information may be generated and collected as necessary for the purpose of identifying the cause and following legal procedures.
- Lesson recording file and script, video recordings of one-on-one lessons
6. The Company collects personal information in the following ways:
- Sign up and edit information
- Telephone, messenger, offline personal consultation
- Auto collection through information collection tools including third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics
NOTICE TO GLOBAL RESIDENTS: Smell the Seoul does not collect any Special Categories of Personal Information about Clients (this includes details: sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Article 3 (Retention, Use Period, and Disclosure of Personal Information)
Smell the Seoul may retain and use the personal information of "members" collected while a "member" maintains membership. We only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or reporting requirements. When a “member’s” membership ends for any reason, all personal information relating to that member will be deleted.
1. Retain information based on your consent
- Retention items: name, email address (ID), phone number, session log, payment history
- Preservation grounds: Restriction on re-entry and confirmation of service duplication. Checking payment history and responding to refund requests.
- Retention period: 5 years after membership withdrawal.
2. Reason for holding information by relevant laws and regulations
If it is necessary to preserve in accordance with relevant laws and regulations such as commercial law, consumer protection law in e-commerce, etc., the company keeps the member information for a certain period determined by related laws and regulations. In this case, the company uses the information it keeps only for the purpose of keeping it, and the preservation period is as follows.
Records on contract or withdrawal of subscription (record of consumer identification information, contract, withdrawal of subscription, etc.) - Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce etc. - 5 years
Record of payment and goods supply - Act on consumer protection in electronic commerce - 5 years
Records on indications and advertisements – Act on consumer protection in e-commerce – 6 months
Records on complaints and disputes of consumers - Act on consumer protection in electronic commerce - 3 years
Records on the collection, processing and use of credit information - Act on the Use and Protection of Credit Information - 3 years
Web site visit history (log, IP, etc.) - Communication secret protection law - 3 months
3. Processing video-records of screen and retention period
In the event of a dispute, video recordings of sessions may be stored in order to identify the cause, handle the case, and improve service. Recorded videos are retained for the below specified period for the following reasons.
- Retained item: Video recordings of sessions
- Purpose of retention: Identifying the causes of accidents and hande cases
- Retention period: 24 hours after the lesson
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
Smell the Seoul does not disclose Personal Information to the following third parties for business purposes.
Article 4 (Veto of Consent)
"Member" has the right to withdraw consent to the collection and use of personal information and/or ask us to delete personal information about the “member”. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. However, if you refuse to consent to the minimum collection and use of personal information necessary for us to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, you may not be able to use the Smell the Seoul’s content and services because you are not verified as the person you identify to be and because your will to enter into an agreement is unclear. Additionally, if you refuse to consent to the collection and use of personal information for advertising or promotional purposes, you may not receive information about events or benefits, or you may not be able to enjoy advantages such as useful information about acculturation.
Article 5 (Procedures and Methods of Destroying Personal Information)
In principle, Smell the Seoul destroys without delay when the purpose of collection and use of user's personal information are achieved. The procedure and method of personal information destruction of Smell the Seoul is as follows.
1. Destruction Process
The information that the "member" inputs for signup etc. is destroyed after a certain period of time according to the internal policy and other related laws and regulations (see Article 3 Retention and Use Period) after the purpose is achieved. The information shall not be used for any purpose other in accordance with this policy or as provided by law.
2. Destruction Period
In the case where the retention period of personal information has elapsed, and the processing of personal information is unnecessary, we will destroy the personal information from each day without delay (within 5 days unless there is a legitimate reason).
- Personal information printed on paper is crushed by a crusher or destroyed by incineration.
- Personal information in the form of electronic files can be deleted using technical methods so that it cannot be recovered or reproduced.
Article 6 Right of Members and Legal Representatives
1. "Member(Client)" can check, modify, delete, process or stop sharing their personal information at any time, and “Member” may refuse to accept or cancel membership (withdrawal) if they do not consent to the processing of personal information of Smell the Seoul.
2. To view and modify personal information of "Member", please click "My account" and to cancel the membership (withdrawal of consent), please request by email, we will take act on your request without delay.
Personal information manager: Bak, Ji-yu
3.Only members who are 18 years of age or older are allowed to register. In principle, we do not collect personal information of children under the age of 18 whose personal information can only be collected and used under the consent of a legal representative.
Article 8 (Technical / Administrative Protection Measures of Personal Information)
The Company takes the following technical and administrative measures to ensure the safety of personal information in order to prevent the loss, theft, leakage, alteration or damage of personal information in handling users' personal information.
1. Password management
The password of "Member" ID is known only to you, and you can check and change your password only by yourself who knows the password.
2. Minimization and training of handling staff
The Company's personal information personnel are limited to the person in charge (The founder of Smell the Seoul: Bak, Ji-yu)
3. Establishment and enforcement of internal management plan
We have established and implemented an internal management plan for the safe handling of personal information.
4. Data breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
5. The company does not take any responsibility for the problems caused by leakage of personal information such as ID, password and social security number due to user's carelessness or problems on the Internet.
Article 9 (Notice Regarding International Transfer of Information)
Article 10 (Personal Information Manager and Contact Person)
You can report all complaints related to personal information generated by Smell the Seoul service to its personal information manager and the team in charge. Smell the Seoul will respond promptly. You may also contact your personal information manager to exercise any of your legal rights in relation to your personal information.
- Personal information manager: Bak, Ji-yu (The founder of Smell the Seoul)
- Email: email@example.com
Members based in the United Kingdom have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us first.
Article 11 (Obligation of Notification)
2.You have the right to request that we disclose to you the following information about personal information we collect from you:
-categories of personal information collected;
-categories of sources of personal information collected;
-the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
-the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information; and
-the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you over the past 12 months.
SMELL THE SEOUL DO NOT SELL OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
Requests to Know
To make a request for any of the information set forth above (a “Request to Know”), please submit a verifiable consumer request pursuant to the instructions below. You may only make a Request to Know twice within a 12-month period. We will acknowledge your Request to Know within 14 business days and will attempt to respond substantively within 30-60 days.
The Request to Know must provide sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom the personal information was collected, sold or disclosed and must contain sufficient detail to allow us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to your request. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not be able to respond to your request.
You can make a Request to Know the personal information we have about you in the following ways:
-You may make a request by emailing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we receive your Request to Know, we will begin the process to verify that you are the person that is the subject of the request. The Verification Process consists of matching identifying information provided by you with the information we have about you in our records. You will be asked to provide us with two or three pieces of information that will help us to verify your identification.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us (“Request to Delete”), subject to certain exceptions permitted by law.
A Request to Delete requires two steps: 1) making the Request to Delete, and 2) confirming that you want your information to be deleted.
You can make a Request to Delete in the following ways:
-You may make a request by emailing email@example.com
Smell the Seoul enacts and enforces a personal information processing policy to protect the personal information of "members(clients)" and to handle complaints related to personal information. When Smell the Seoul revises its personal information processing policy, we immediately post changes to the website or notify them by clients' (members) individual email. Please keep us informed if your change during your relationship with us.